I’ve heard about Pahangog Twin Falls way back 2 years ago when I had a good conversation with a friend who happens to have traipsed his feet in Pahangog Twin Falls. It was still fresh in mind when I told him that someday; I will certainly travel to this waterfall and truly, a plain desire then becomes a reality.
After truly enjoying the unassuming beauty of Ingkumhan Falls, which has granted me enough fulfillment to commune with nature. We instantaneously went straight to another waterfall, which is just a 20-30 minutes motorcycle drive. We actually supposed to see another waterfall in Dimiao, Bohol. But, since we didn’t have a leisure time during our visit, we then visited the Ingkumhan Falls and Pahangog Twin Falls only cause they only possess the same route.
The Pahangog Twin Falls or known as Twin Falls in Dimiao, Bohol is tucked in the deep forest of Brgy. Guingoyuran, Dimiao, Bohol. Peacefully surrounded by big trees and lush vegetation; which pulls in the waterfall, stunning and offers a mollifying atmosphere. Locals said that this waterfall still maintain its beauty even during at the extremum of the summer months. The water that flows from the higher elevation is gently falling in three streams over crags and ridges that form a perfect nature-made lagoon when it reaches to the catching basin. The waterfall proudly stands for about 30 meters or 90 feet in height; and naturally divided into two, which makes it being called as Twin Falls. There are also stunning caverns located near the falls. They both have a jaw-dropping beauty with the presence of stalactites and stalagmites of different shapes and sizes.
A 25 minute motorcycle ride has come to an end, and our driver told us that we are now at the jump off field. He was supposed to drive us up to the utmost end of the road, but the road that time was jouncy, hence, he can’t drive us up to the end. We then departed to walk even it was quite far, but we love it. Actually, the long trek to Pahangog Twin Falls has granted us an additional level of adventure. True enough, the trek was quite far and have caused us sweating a great deal. While on our way to Pahangog Twin Falls, we were offered a panoramic sight on the left side, which is a beautiful rice field. It seems like the one in Cadapdapan Rice Terraces in Candijay, Bohol.
Soon enough, we arrived at the abandoned waiting shed, which I guess is used as a waiting and resting area, but looks like it was not maintained well. We then started trekking downhill in a lush green woodland while enjoying the chirping of birds above us. When we started treading our feet in the lush green forest, the cool breeze slowly hugging us tight. Soon after, we heard the enticing sound of the continuous stream, which means that we are close to Pahangog Twin Falls. I also heard human voices from afar, which they seemed to have truly played in the stunning beauty of Pahangog Twin Falls.
The moment we reached the strong stream, I then turned my head on the left side and I immediately saw the majestic beauty of Pahangog Twin Falls. I was walking fast to get closer to its innate beauty. It looks so stunning and the turquoise water is enticing enough that I would love to take off my shirt and swim in its cold water. There were 3 people when we arrived, and I believe they have already been there since morning cause they seemed to have a lot of foods on their cottage. They must really have a great time together that day.
I was actually done taking a long exposure shots to capture the motion of the waterfall, and the moment I was about to take off my shirt and take a dip, the rain poured without giving us a glimpse of admonishment. Hence, instead of swimming, we then decided to depart because there will invariably be a possible flood when it rains. I was also planning to check the nearby caves, but then again, the rain ruined my time of visit. But in any case, it’s always better to embrace safety first, since we really can’t predict the unfavorable situation like an accident.
The walk back to the jump off area is very tiring since it has a hundred of stairs. Genuinely, the trail owns a natural obstacle that has caused me and my friend to another level of breathing laboriously. I was actually catching my breath while slowly embracing the thought of “one step at a time”. It was almost 5 pm when we got back to the Jump off area where our motorcycle is waiting. I was grinning from ear to ear as soon as I saw our driver from afar cause I can’t wait to ride a motorcycle that time. With no wasting time, we got straight to the National Highway in Dimiao proper to catch a Bus bound for Tagbilaran City and ride another Bus bound for Napo, Loon, Bohol. We will be spending one night in Napo, Loon that time and meet the family of my friend, as we’ll be having a breakfast on the beach the following day. It was about 6:30 PM when we got in the Dao terminal in Tagbilaran City and went straight to Napo, Loon. Sincerely, we arrived in Napo, Loon safe and we had a good rest that night.
- Binabaje Hills: The unassuming Innate Beauty Of Rolling Hills In Alicia, Bohol
- Cadapdapan Rice Terraces: Discovering And Embracing Its Innate Beauty
- Can-Umantad Falls: Visiting The Iconic Natural Scenery Of Candijay, Bohol
- Canawa Cold Spring: Mysteriously Hiding In The Beautiful Lush Green Forest
- Kims Garden Inn: Anda’s Affordable Place To Stay
- Anda’s Quinale Beach: Traipsing On The Powdery White Sand Beach While Enjoying The Sunrise
- Cabagnow Cave Pool: Anda’s Biggest And Stunning Cave Pool To Enjoy
- Combento Cave Pool: Anda’s Enticing Tiny Cave Pool
- Ingkumhan Falls: An Enticing And Refreshing Waterfall In Dimiao, Bohol
- Napo Beach: The Undiscovered And Disregarded Public White Sand Beach In Napo, Loon, Bohol
HOW TO GET TO PAHANGOG TWIN FALLS
From Tagbilaran City.
Once you arrive at Tagbilaran City Sea Port or Tagbilaran City airport, just hail a tricycle to take you to Dao Terminal. And from Dao Terminal, you can take a Bus or Van bound for Dimiao, Bohol. Ask the Bus Conductor or the Van driver to drop you off at the Dimiao Proper. The travel time is more than an hour from Tagbilaran City and the fare is less than Php 100.00. And from Dimiao proper, you can hire a motorcycle to bring you to Ingkumhan Falls and Pahangog Twin Falls, or if you can make it to Dam-agan Falls as well, it will be a great thing. We paid Php 300.00 for the motorcycle, which is good for two people and we visited Ingkumhan Falls and Pahangog Twin Falls.
SAMPLE ITINERARY IN DIMIAO, BOHOL
07:00 AM ETA Tagbilaran City
07:30 AM ETD for Dimiao
08:10 AM ETA Dimiao
08:20 AM Breakfast
08:40 AM ETD for Ingkumhan Falls
09:10 AM ETA Ingkumhan Falls
09:20 AM Enjoying the falls (Swimming, Cliff Jumping and Picture Taking)
10:30 AM ETD for Pahangog Twin Falls
11:00 AM ETA Pahangog Twin Falls Jump Off Area and start trekking to the Falls.
11:30 AM ETA Pahangog Twin Falls
11:40 AM Early Lunch or Enjoy the Falls right away (Swimming, Cliff Jumping and Picture Taking)
02:00 PM ETD for jump off area
02:30 PM ETA Jump off area
02:40 PM ETD for Dam-agan Falls
03:10 PM ETA Dam-agan Falls
03:20 PM Enjoying the falls (Swimming, Cliff Jumping and Picture Taking)
04:30 PM ETD for Dimiao Proper
05:10 PM ETA Dimiao Proper
05:30 PM ETD for Tagbilaran City.
06:30 PM ETA Tagbilaran City.
PAHANGOG TWIN FALLS TRAVEL TIPS
- There are actually 3 waterfalls in Dimiao, the other one is Dam-agan Falls, which we failed to visit during our sojourn.
- If you’re renting a motorcycle, I guess it would be better, since there are some part of roads that are not yet concreted.
- No entrance fee to be collected here, but you’ll have to endure the long trek for 30 minutes to get to the Pahangog Twin Falls. There are also cottages just near the Falls and you can use them without any fee.
- They are actually open from Monday to Sunday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- I would suggest that you get to buy enough water and food so, you’ll keep up your energy exploring the waterfalls in Dimiao, Bohol.
- Better halt the activities when the sudden rain arrives because the water can create fast currents that would result to dangerous situation.
- Hypothermia can be a real risk. If you’re the person who’s not used of staying long in a cold water for too long, then you better wear wet-suits and pay attention to your body’s response.
- Be careful when getting near the waterfalls or climbing on a higher portion of the falls. You can do cliff jumping as well, but make sure to be extra careful.
- Please remember to practice Leave No Trace (LNT) behind. Take good care of our mother nature. Just enjoy and be responsible enough.
ITINERARY FOR THE WHOLE TRIP
(Birthday Backpacking: Cebu-Tubigon-Carmen-Alicia-Candijay-Anda-Dimiao-Tagbilaran-Napo-Tubigon-Cebu)
DAY 1 (Binabaje Hills, Cadapdapan Rice Terraces, Can-umantad Falls, Canawa Cold Spring & Anda Beach)
02:30 AM Depart for Tubigon from Cebu
05:00 AM ETA Tubigon
05:30 AM Depart for Carmen
06:30 AM ETA Carmen
07:00 AM Depart for Alicia
08:00 AM ETA Alicia
08:10 AM Breakfast & Registration for Binabaje Hills
08:40 AM Depart for Binabaje Jump Off Area
09:00 AM Assault Trek to Binabaje Hills Peak
09:50 AM ETA Binabaje Hills summit
10:00 AM Rest and Picture taking
10:45 AM Trek down to Jump Off area
11:20 AM ETA Jump off area
11:30 AM Depart for Alicia Proper
11:40 AM Depart for Lungsod-daan, Candijay
12:05 PM ETA Lungsod-daan Proper
12:10 PM Lunch
12:40 PM Depart for Cadapdapan Rice Terraces
01:10 PM Cadapdapan Rice Terraces
01:15 PM Depart for Can-umantad Falls
01:40 PM ETA Can-umantad Falls and Picture taking
02:10 PM Depart for Canawa Spring
02:30 PM ETA Canawa Spring (Swimming & Picture taking)
03:00 PM Depart For Highway
03:30 PM Depart for Guinhulman
03:55 PM ETA Guinhulman (Waiting for Van bound for Anda)
04:20 PM Depart for Anda
04:40 PM ETA Anda (Strolling around the white beach and look for cheap accommodation)
05:30 PM Check Inn at Kims Garden Inn
06:00 PM Early rest (Take a nap)
08:30 PM Dinner at the food place near the marker
09:30 PM Lights Off (Sleep)
DAY 2 (Anda Beach Sunrise, Cabagnow Cave Pool, Combento Cave Pool, Ingkumhan Falls, Pahangog Twin Falls)
05:30 AM Wake Up Call
05:45 AM Waiting for sunrise at the white beach
06:00 AM Sunrise viewing and Picture taking
07:00 AM Breakfast
07:30 AM Preparation for Cave Pool Adventure
08:00 AM Check Out in Kims Garden Inn
08:30 AM Depart for Cabagnow Cave Pool
08:40 AM ETA Jump Off Area and trek to Cabagnow
08:50 AM ETA Cabagnow
09:00 AM Swimming & Picture taking
10:20 AM Depart for Combento Cave Pool
10:30 AM ETA Combento Cave Pool (Swimming & Picture Taking)
11:30 AM Depart for Guindulman
11:40 AM ETA Guindulman
12:05 PM Lunch
12:20 PM Depart for Dimiao
01:30 PM ETA Dimiao
01:35 PM Depart for Ingkumhan Falls
02:00 PM ETA Ingkumhan Falls (Swimming & Picture taking)
02:40 PM Depart for Pahangog Twin Falls
03:00 PM ETA Jump off area
03:05 PM Trek to Pahangog Twin Falls
03:30 PM ETA Pahangog Twin Falls (Swimming & Picture taking)
04:30 PM Depart for Dimiao Proper
05:00 PM ETA Dimiao Proper
05:20 PM Depart for Tagbilaran
06:30 PM ETA Tagbilaran
07:30 PM Depart for Napo, Loon
08:20 PM ETA Napo, Loon
08:30 PM Dinner
11:30 PM Lights off (sleep)
DAY 3 (Napo Beach)
07:00 AM Wake up call
07:30 AM Coffe Time
09:00 AM Napo, Beach
09:30 AM Breakfast
10:30 AM Swimming & Picture taking
12:10 PM Sleep before heading back to Tubigon
02:00 PM Late Lunch
03:30 PM Depart for Tubigon
04:30 PM ETA Tubigon
05:30 PM Depart for Cebu
06:50 PM ETA Cebu
08:00 PM Going Home
10:00 PM Lights off (Sleep)
EXPENSES FOR THE WHOLE TRIP (Cebu-Tubigon-Carmen-Alicia-Candijay-Anda-Dimiao-Tagbilaran-Napo-Tubigon-Cebu)
- Cebu Tubigon Fast Cat – Php 300.00
- Terminal Fee – Php 25.00
- Tubigon to Carmen Motorcycle – Php 150.00
- Carmen to Alicia – Php 40.00
- Tour guide fee Binabaje hills – 300.00
- Fare motorcycle – Php 200.00
- Motorcycle (Can-umantad, Cadapdapan Rice Terraces, Canawa spring) – Php 300.00
- Can-umantad Entrance Fee – Php 20.00
- Canawa spring – Php 20.00
- Lungsod-Daan to Guindulman Jeepney – Php 15.00
- Guindulman to Anda – Php 30.00
- Accommodation (Kims Garden Inn) – Php 499.00
- Cabagnow Cave & Combento Cave Tricycle – Php 120.00
- Cabagnow Cave pool Entrance – Php 50.00
- Combento Cave pool Entrance – Php 20.00
- Anda to Guindulman – Php 25.00
- Guindulman to Dimiao – Php 160.00
- Pahangog Twin Falls & Ingkumhan Falls motorcycle – Php 300.00
- Dimiao to Tagbilaran – Php 80.00
- Tagbilaran to Napo Loon – Php 31.00
- Loon to Tubigon Php 28.00
- Tubigon to Cebu Weesam – Php 250.00
- Terminal fee & ticket – Php 25.00
- Food (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Snacks) – Php 750.00