I constantly have an innate hunger for adventure whenever I’m in a new place. I couldn’t not repel my eagerness to see nature’s beauty whenever I own a chance. This is precisely what happened during my birthday backpacking in Bohol. After really enjoying the backpacking trek in Binabaje Hills in Alicia, embracing the nature’s wonder of Candijay, and exploring the hidden gem of Anda. I couldn’t help, but be excited about my trip to Dimiao to chase two of their stunning waterfalls.
After fully enjoying the town of Anda, which owns a pristine beach, cave pools and a lot more, I decided to head straight to another town, which is the peaceful town of Dimiao, Bohol. We had our luscious lunch first at the town of Guindulman, and got straight to Dimiao. From the town of Anda, it took us more than an hour to reach Dimiao. Soon enough, we arrived at the town of Dimiao and we received a warm smile from a motorcycle driver, and without any hesitation, we asked him if he is familiar with the two waterfalls. He was grinning from ear to ear and seemed so proud of his town, and after agreeing to the motorcycle price, we immediately went straight to the first waterfalls, which is the stunning Ingkumhan Falls.
It was a smooth uphill drive to Ingkumhan Falls from the National Highway where we came down. The mollifying breeze was somehow having given us enough excitement to traipse our feet in the natural beauty of Ingkumhan Falls. I really didn’t know what the falls look like, since I only knew about the Pahangog Twin Falls. Shortly enough, we made it at the drop off area and we need to trek downhill to reach the unassuming beauty of Ingkumhan Falls. Without wasting time, we immediately trek downhill until we found out the enticing stream of water that seemed to have welcomed us happily.
The Ingkumhan Falls is said to be the enchanting waterfalls in Bohol. It is peacefully situated in Brgy. Bauhugan, Dimiao, Bohol. Many locals were actually doubtful about the existence of this waterfall, as it possesses a magical underwater cave. The old folks of the town have actually tried exploring the said magical underwater cave, but only one person who has successfully explored it. This waterfall has been a pacifier for many locals, since the Ingkumhan Falls is their quick getaway destination, particularly during summer. It is where the family and acquaintances gather to enjoy the natural beauty, and the unusual fulfillment that this waterfall can provide. It is perfectly tucked in the green forest with an enchanting beauty that have captivated the attention of many.
During our visit, Ingkumhan Falls was not crowded, in fact, I only saw a few foreign visitors. As soon as I got to the falls, I instantaneously took off my shirt and took a dip. Truly, I was astounded by its cobalt blue water, it was actually cold enough to mollify my tiring body. I’ve seen a few foreign visitors who truly enjoyed the waterfalls. Two of them even tried the sturdy rope swing hanging from the tallest branch of the tree; released it perfectly, and fell into the aquamarine waters of the natural pool. I would genuinely love to do that during our visit, but I didn’t have a leisure time, and I was not ready as well. It used to have a bamboo raft in the said area; which can be used to paddle around the natural pool, but during our visit, the raft was not available. Truly, the first tier of Ingkumhan Falls has the broad and deep catching basin that forms an enticing natural pool. Nearly 12 feet deep, the pool was perfect for cliff jumping, even the waterfall could be climbed. A perfect place to swim and cool off from the summer heat.
I couldn’t just leave Ingkumhan Falls without trying to capture a good photo. Hence, I started taking long exposure shots to pay justice to the innate beauty of the waterfalls before leaving Ingkumhan Falls. As we were about to leave, one of the locals told us that there’s a second tier, which has been disregarded by many. I immediately ask how far was it, then he told me that I just need to trek for about 300 meters from the first tier. Hence, I lay my bag down and went straight to the second tier of Ingkumhan Falls.
Getting to the second tier of Ingkumhan Falls was a bit scary, probably because of the uncertain trail, since only few people who have the courage to get to the second tier. It was a short river trekking adventure indeed. The rocks were a bit slimy; and treading on it would be a challenge, since it is very difficult to hold firmly or stand on because it is smooth and naturally wet. I actually nearly fell down, and fortunately, I was able to hold on a sturdy uprooted root of a tree. Shortly enough, I saw the second tier, and was definitely worth a visit.
The second tier is truly peaceful, no one was there during my visit and in fact, I just heard about the waterfall pouring into the catching basin and the mollifying tweets of the birds around. While I was there, taking pictures, I took some time to gaze to its innate beauty before leaving the second tier of Ingkumhan Falls. On my way back to the first tier, I met a foreign couple, and they were trying to go to the second tier as well. I granted them some tips, like being careful when they traipse on the rocks, cause they are naturally slimy. We too had a quick selfie and I granted them my sweet smile.
When I reached back to the first tier, I granted the person who informed me about the second tier of Ingkumhan Falls. Truly, my visit in Ingkumhan Falls is amazingly complete and fun. Then, my friend and I started trekking uphill on our way back to the jump off area. Getting back to the jump off area had given us enough sweat and causes us to breathe laboriously. We were a bit in a hurry that time, since we need to get to another waterfall, which is the stunning beauty of Pahangog Twin Falls.
- Binabaje Hills: The unassuming Innate Beauty Of Rolling Hills In Alicia, Bohol
- Cadapdapan Rice Terraces: Discovering And Embracing Its Innate Beauty
- Can-Umantad Falls: Visiting The Iconic Natural Scenery Of Candijay, Bohol
- Canawa Cold Spring: Mysteriously Hiding In The Beautiful Lush Green Forest
- Kims Garden Inn: Anda’s Affordable Place To Stay
- Anda’s Quinale Beach: Traipsing On The Powdery White Sand Beach While Enjoying The Sunrise
- Cabagnow Cave Pool: Anda’s Biggest And Stunning Cave Pool To Enjoy
- Combento Cave Pool: Anda’s Enticing Tiny Cave Pool
- Napo Beach: The Undiscovered And Disregarded Public White Sand Beach In Napo, Loon, Bohol
INGKUMHAN FALLS FEES
- Entrance Fee – Adult (Php 10.00) Child (Php 5.00)
- Bamboo Raft – Php 25.00
- Cottage – Php 100.00
- Parking Fee – Motorcycle (Php 10.00) Van (Php 20.00)
INGKUMHAN FALLS FACILITIES
- Comfort Room
- Changing Room
- Small sari-sari store
- Outside shower
- Life vests
HOW TO GET TO INGKUMHAN FALLS
From Tagbilaran City.
Once you arrive at Tagbilaran City Sea Port or Tagbilaran City airport, just hail a tricycle to take you to Dao Terminal. And from Dao Terminal, you can take a Bus or Van bound for Dimiao, Bohol. Ask the Bus Conductor or the Van driver to drop you off at the Dimiao Proper. The travel time is more than an hour from Tagbilaran City and the fare is less than Php 100.00. And from Dimiao proper, you can hire a motorcycle to bring you to Ingkumhan Falls and Pahangog Twin Falls, or if you can make it to Dam-agan Falls as well, it will be a great thing. We paid Php 300.00 for the motorcycle, which is good for two people and we visited Ingkumhan Falls and Pahangog Twin Falls.
DIMIAO, BOHOL SAMPLE ITINERARY
07:00 AM ETA Tagbilaran City
07:30 AM ETD for Dimiao
08:10 AM ETA Dimiao
08:20 AM Breakfast
08:40 AM ETD for Ingkumhan Falls
09:10 AM ETA Ingkumhan Falls
09:20 AM Enjoying the falls (Swimming, Cliff Jumping and Picture Taking)
10:30 AM ETD for Pahangog Twin Falls
11:00 AM ETA Pahangog Twin Falls Jump Off Area and start trekking to the Falls.
11:30 AM ETA Pahangog Twin Falls
11:40 AM Early Lunch or Enjoy the Falls right away (Swimming, Cliff Jumping and Picture Taking)
02:00 PM ETD for jump off area
02:30 PM ETA Jump off area
02:40 PM ETD for Dam-agan Falls
03:10 PM ETA Dam-agan Falls
03:20 PM Enjoying the falls (Swimming, Cliff Jumping and Picture Taking)
04:30 PM ETD for Dimiao Proper
05:10 PM ETA Dimiao Proper
05:30 PM ETD for Tagbilaran City.
06:30 PM ETA Tagbilaran City.
- There are actually 3 waterfalls in Dimiao, the other one is Dam-agan Falls, which we failed to visit during our sojourn.
- If you’re renting a motorcycle, I guess it would be better, since there are some part of roads that are not yet concreted.
- Don’t forget to get to the second tier of Ingkumhan Falls, since it is also great to check it.
- They don’t sustain a specific time to close, as long as there are still tourist and visitors in the area, they will wait.
- I would suggest that you get to buy enough water and food so, you’ll keep up your energy exploring the waterfalls in Dimiao, Bohol.
- Better halt the activities when the sudden rain arrives because the water can create fast currents that would result to dangerous situation.
- Hypothermia can be a real risk. If you’re the person who’s not used of staying long in a cold water for too long, then you better wear wet-suits and pay attention to your body’s response.
- There are enough staff and lifeguards to accommodate and help you. With these, you’re surely safe.
- If you would try the Tarzan swing, just be extra careful for it precedes to a serious accident if you’re not careful enough.
- Please remember to practice Leave No Trace (LNT) behind. Take good care of our mother nature. Just enjoy and be responsible enough.
ITINERARY FOR THE WHOLE TRIP
(Birthday Backpacking: Cebu-Tubigon-Carmen-Alicia-Candijay-Anda-Dimiao-Tagbilaran-Napo-Tubigon-Cebu)
DAY 1 (Binabaje Hills, Cadapdapan Rice Terraces, Can-umantad Falls, Canawa Cold Spring & Anda Beach)
02:30 AM Depart for Tubigon from Cebu
05:00 AM ETA Tubigon
05:30 AM Depart for Carmen
06:30 AM ETA Carmen
07:00 AM Depart for Alicia
08:00 AM ETA Alicia
08:10 AM Breakfast & Registration for Binabaje Hills
08:40 AM Depart for Binabaje Jump Off Area
09:00 AM Assault Trek to Binabaje Hills Peak
09:50 AM ETA Binabaje Hills summit
10:00 AM Rest and Picture taking
10:45 AM Trek down to Jump Off area
11:20 AM ETA Jump off area
11:30 AM Depart for Alicia Proper
11:40 AM Depart for Lungsod-daan, Candijay
12:05 PM ETA Lungsod-daan Proper
12:10 PM Lunch
12:40 PM Depart for Cadapdapan Rice Terraces
01:10 PM Cadapdapan Rice Terraces
01:15 PM Depart for Can-umantad Falls
01:40 PM ETA Can-umantad Falls and Picture taking
02:10 PM Depart for Canawa Spring
02:30 PM ETA Canawa Spring (Swimming & Picture taking)
03:00 PM Depart For Highway
03:30 PM Depart for Guinhulman
03:55 PM ETA Guinhulman (Waiting for Van bound for Anda)
04:20 PM Depart for Anda
04:40 PM ETA Anda (Strolling around the white beach and look for cheap accommodation)
05:30 PM Check Inn at Kims Garden Inn
06:00 PM Early rest (Take a nap)
08:30 PM Dinner at the food place near the marker
09:30 PM Lights Off (Sleep)
DAY 2 (Anda Beach Sunrise, Cabagnow Cave Pool, Combento Cave Pool, Ingkumhan Falls, Pahangog Twin Falls)
05:30 AM Wake Up Call
05:45 AM Waiting for sunrise at the white beach
06:00 AM Sunrise viewing and Picture taking
07:00 AM Breakfast
07:30 AM Preparation for Cave Pool Adventure
08:00 AM Check Out in Kims Garden Inn
08:30 AM Depart for Cabagnow Cave Pool
08:40 AM ETA Jump Off Area and trek to Cabagnow
08:50 AM ETA Cabagnow
09:00 AM Swimming & Picture taking
10:20 AM Depart for Combento Cave Pool
10:30 AM ETA Combento Cave Pool (Swimming & Picture Taking)
11:30 AM Depart for Guindulman
11:40 AM ETA Guindulman
12:05 PM Lunch
12:20 PM Depart for Dimiao
01:30 PM ETA Dimiao
01:35 PM Depart for Ingkumhan Falls
02:00 PM ETA Ingkumhan Falls (Swimming & Picture taking)
02:40 PM Depart for Pahangog Twin Falls
03:00 PM ETA Jump off area
03:05 PM Trek to Pahangog Twin Falls
03:30 PM ETA Pahangog Twin Falls (Swimming & Picture taking)
04:30 PM Depart for Dimiao Proper
05:00 PM ETA Dimiao Proper
05:20 PM Depart for Tagbilaran
06:30 PM ETA Tagbilaran
07:30 PM Depart for Napo, Loon
08:20 PM ETA Napo, Loon
08:30 PM Dinner
11:30 PM Lights off (sleep)
DAY 3 (Napo Beach)
07:00 AM Wake up call
07:30 AM Coffe Time
09:00 AM Napo, Beach
09:30 AM Breakfast
10:30 AM Swimming & Picture taking
12:10 PM Sleep before heading back to Tubigon
02:00 PM Late Lunch
03:30 PM Depart for Tubigon
04:30 PM ETA Tubigon
05:30 PM Depart for Cebu
06:50 PM ETA Cebu
08:00 PM Going Home
10:00 PM Lights off (Sleep)
EXPENSES FOR THE WHOLE TRIP (Cebu-Tubigon-Carmen-Alicia-Candijay-Anda-Dimiao-Tagbilaran-Napo-Tubigon-Cebu)
- Cebu Tubigon Fast Cat – Php 300.00
- Terminal Fee – Php 25.00
- Tubigon to Carmen Motorcycle – Php 150.00
- Carmen to Alicia – Php 40.00
- Tour guide fee Binabaje hills – 300.00
- Fare motorcycle – Php 200.00
- Motorcycle (Can-umantad, Cadapdapan Rice Terraces, Canawa spring) – Php 300.00
- Can-umantad Entrance Fee – Php 20.00
- Canawa spring – Php 20.00
- Lungsod-Daan to Guindulman Jeepney – Php 15.00
- Guindulman to Anda – Php 30.00
- Accommodation (Kims Garden Inn) – Php 499.00
- Cabagnow Cave & Combento Cave Tricycle – Php 120.00
- Cabagnow Cave pool Entrance – Php 50.00
- Combento Cave pool Entrance – Php 20.00
- Anda to Guindulman – Php 25.00
- Guindulman to Dimiao – Php 160.00
- Pahangog Twin Falls & Ingkumhan Falls motorcycle – Php 300.00
- Dimiao to Tagbilaran – Php 80.00
- Tagbilaran to Napo Loon – Php 31.00
- Loon to Tubigon Php 28.00
- Tubigon to Cebu Weesam – Php 250.00
- Terminal fee & ticket – Php 25.00
- Food (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Snacks) – Php 750.00