The reason why I am always going back to the beautiful Island of Bohol is the unending surprise that it has to proffer. Believe me or not, I have been traveling to this Island since 2014 for more than 10 times, and until now, I still discover so much and new innate nature’s beauty that had always left me in awe.
My friends and I might have genuinely enjoyed the innate beauty of Cabagnow Cave Pool, and had seen a beautiful sunrise on Quinale Beach, but Anda’s surprise was not yet done. There’s another cave pool that has long been waiting for us. It might be tiny, but you will certainly love how this cave pool would entice you. It is cunning enough to beguile every visitor who traipse their feet to its stunning innate beauty. Some might have disregard its beauty, but once you experience its crystal clear water, serenity, and how this cave was formed, you’ll have a tough time to leave. This cave pool that I’m talking about is my favorite cave pool in Anda, Bohol, the Combento Cave Pool.
The weather was dismally and depressingly dark that time when we made our way to the Combento Cave Pool. Soon enough after a short drive from Cabagnow Cave Pool, which is the biggest and deepest cave pool in Anda. We finally arrived at the entrance of Combento Cave Pool. There was this huge tree, and the leaves were slowly falling off like as if I was experiencing an autumn season. And the breezy air was hugging me tightly enough and got me so cold.
Upon getting in, there was this one wood that looks like a bamboo fly rod and positioned horizontally, which serves as an entrance or a gate before getting close to the Combento Cave Pool. There’s actually an unfinished Nipa hut house where the entrance fee collector is hiding. We were supposed to pay the entrance fee first before getting to the Combento Cave Pool. But since we were very early and she doesn’t have change, she told us that we can pay after dousing our body to the turquoise waters of the Combento Cave Pool.
Just a few meters away from the highway, I’ve caught a few rock formations of limestone. I knew that the Combento Cave Pool was hiding somewhere in between the rock formations of limestone. Only before I asked a lady who collects the entrance fee, she already pointed her fingers with a confirmation of her beautiful lips, while telling us that the Cave Pool is there. Then, we walked a little bit until we’ve seen the entrance of the cave pool, which have made me speechless. It wasn’t big, in fact, getting in the cave pool will require you to bow down your head while traipsing your feet in a gradient direction.
There was this couple who has been enjoying the cave pool before we came. We gave them a smile and a sweet hello, and they politely replied as well. As a usual group scene, we settled to take a lot of photos before taking a dip to a transparent water with a touch of bluish color. Truly, the Combento Cave is one of a kind, it looks like a private cave pool that will mollify not only your body, but your eyes as well because of its innate beauty.
The Combento Cave Pool doesn’t have spacious pool, but when you drench your body in its water, you’ll surely love it. If the Cabagnow Cave Pool was deep enough to swim, Combento Cave Pool is not that deep, it’s like 4 to 5 feet deep, which is scarcely enough to soak your body. When I get inside, I felt like I was owning a private natural pool, it was serene, and perfect for the kind of adventure I always love to experience. It was a bit dark inside, and the only light that provides the whole cave pool is the natural light that passes through the entrance of Combento Cave Pool.
While I was inside the cave pool, I’ve seen several stalactite that looks like an icicle shaped formation, which hangs from the ceiling of a cave. No wonder, this cave was named after the beautiful stalactites, which freely flows from the ceiling like a chandelier in the church, and over time, the place referred to “Kumbento” or “Convent”.
Genuinely, the Combento Cave Pool is so far my favorite Cave Pool. I scarcely find it enticingly amazing even it looks so tiny. We actually didn’t mind about our time, but when we were about to go out of the cave pool, we actually drenched our body for more than an hour. We really want to stay more, but since we still have to catch a trip for Dimiao, Bohol and chase some waterfalls there, we decided to leave Combento Cave Pool.
- Binabaje Hills: The unassuming Innate Beauty Of Rolling Hills In Alicia, Bohol
- Cadapdapan Rice Terraces: Discovering And Embracing Its Innate Beauty
- Can-Umantad Falls: Visiting The Iconic Natural Scenery Of Candijay, Bohol
- Canawa Cold Spring: Mysteriously Hiding In The Beautiful Lush Green Forest
- Kims Garden Inn: Anda’s Affordable Place To Stay
- Anda’s Quinale Beach: Traipsing On The Powdery White Sand Beach While Enjoying The Sunrise
- Cabagnow Cave Pool: Anda’s Biggest And Stunning Cave Pool To Enjoy
- Ingkumhan Falls: An Enticing And Refreshing Waterfall In Dimiao, Bohol
- Pahangog Twin Falls: A Secluded And Stunning Twin Falls In Dimiao, Bohol
- Napo Beach: The Undiscovered And Disregarded Public White Sand Beach In Napo, Loon, Bohol
HOW TO GET TO COMBENTO CAVE POOL
From Tagbilaran City
Once you arrive at Tagbilaran City Sea Port or Tagbilaran City airport, just hail a tricycle to take you to Dao Terminal. From Dao Terminal ride a Bus or Van bound for Anda, Bohol. Travel time is roughly 2.5 to 3 hours and the fare is around PHP 100.00. At the Brgy. Poblacion in Anda, Bohol, you can take Motorela or locally known as Rela to Combento Cave Pool, fare is around PHP 50.00 and the travel time is approximately 15 minutes. They mostly charge bigger once the driver has to wait, and you can as well ask the driver to take you to the Cabagnow Cave Pool, which is located close to the Combento Cave Pool. In our case, we paid PHP 480.00, and four of us that time, so, we only paid PHP 120.00 for each of us. That’s our fare from Anda, Public Market to Cabagnow Cave Pool and Combento Cave Pool, including the waiting time. You can always haggle, if you think that the fare is expensive.
Apart from fare is cheaper from Cebu to Tubigon, travel time is only more than an hour via Fast Cat or other Fast Craft bound for Tubigon. From Tubigon, ride a Bus bound for Guindulman. The travel time is less than 3 hours. The fare is less than PHP 200.00. From Guindulman, take a Bus/Van, travel time is approximately 30 minutes and the fare is around PHP 30.00.
You can also take Motorela or locally known as Rela, fare is around PHP 50.00 and the travel time is approximately 30 minutes.
At the Brgy. Poblacion in Anda, Bohol, you can take Motorela or locally known as Rela to Combento Cave Pool, fare is around PHP 50.00 and the travel time is approximately 15 minutes. They mostly charge bigger once the driver has to wait, and you can as well ask the driver to take you to the Cabagnow Cave Pool, which is located close to the Combento Cave Pool. In our case, we paid PHP 480.00, and four of us that time, so, we only paid PHP 120.00 for each of us. That’s our fare from Anda, Public Market to Cabagnow Cave Pool and Combento Cave Pool, including the waiting time. You can always haggle, if you think that the fare is expensive.
- Combento Cave Pool Entrance Fee is Php 20.00 per head.
- Make sure to visit the Cave Pool around 8 AM to 10 AM because it’s not that crowded.
- The motorcycle is such a great means of transportation in Anda, Bohol. Hence, I advise you to rent a Motorcycle if you know how to drive and visit all the hidden gem of Anda, especially Quinale beach and the Cave Pools.
- You can spend many activities on Quinale beach such as walking on the shoreline, swimming, snorkeling and scuba diving.
- Wake up early in the morning and experience the stunning view of sunrise.
- Affordable and home cook food, is located near the Market just a few meters away from the beach.
- Please remember to leave no trace behind. Take good care of our mother nature. Just enjoy and be responsible enough.
WHERE TO STAY IN ANDA BOHOL?
I’ve strolled around the beach side of Anda, and the cheapest accommodation I’ve found was in the Kims Garden Inn. It is located very near to Anda’s long white sand beach or commonly known as Quinale beach. Their room rates are ranging from Php 499.00, P599.00 to P699.00, and Good for 2 people. For my complete review of this hostel, kindly read it here.
ITINERARY FOR THE WHOLE TRIP
(Birthday Backpacking: Cebu-Tubigon-Carmen-Alicia-Candijay-Anda-Dimiao-Tagbilaran-Napo-Tubigon-Cebu)
DAY 1 (Binabaje Hills, Cadapdapan Rice Terraces, Can-umantad Falls, Canawa Cold Spring & Anda Beach)
02:30 AM Depart for Tubigon from Cebu
05:00 AM ETA Tubigon
05:30 AM Depart for Carmen
06:30 AM ETA Carmen
07:00 AM Depart for Alicia
08:00 AM ETA Alicia
08:10 AM Breakfast & Registration for Binabaje Hills
08:40 AM Depart for Binabaje Jump Off Area
09:00 AM Assault Trek to Binabaje Hills Peak
09:50 AM ETA Binabaje Hills summit
10:00 AM Rest and Picture taking
10:45 AM Trek down to Jump Off area
11:20 AM ETA Jump off area
11:30 AM Depart for Alicia Proper
11:40 AM Depart for Lungsod-daan, Candijay
12:05 PM ETA Lungsod-daan Proper
12:10 PM Lunch
12:40 PM Depart for Cadapdapan Rice Terraces
01:10 PM Cadapdapan Rice Terraces
01:15 PM Depart for Can-umantad Falls
01:40 PM ETA Can-umantad Falls and Picture taking
02:10 PM Depart for Canawa Spring
02:30 PM ETA Canawa Spring (Swimming & Picture taking)
03:00 PM Depart For Highway
03:30 PM Depart for Guinhulman
03:55 PM ETA Guinhulman (Waiting for Van bound for Anda)
04:20 PM Depart for Anda
04:40 PM ETA Anda (Strolling around the white beach and look for cheap accommodation)
05:30 PM Check Inn at Kims Garden Inn
06:00 PM Early rest (Take a nap)
08:30 PM Dinner at the food place near the marker
09:30 PM Lights Off (Sleep)
DAY 2 (Anda Beach Sunrise, Cabagnow Cave Pool, Combento Cave Pool, Ingkumhan Falls, Pahangog Twin Falls)
05:30 AM Wake Up Call
05:45 AM Waiting for sunrise at the white beach
06:00 AM Sunrise viewing and Picture taking
07:00 AM Breakfast
07:30 AM Preparation for Cave Pool Adventure
08:00 AM Check Out in Kims Garden Inn
08:30 AM Depart for Cabagnow Cave Pool
08:40 AM ETA Jump Off Area and trek to Cabagnow
08:50 AM ETA Cabagnow
09:00 AM Swimming & Picture taking
10:20 AM Depart for Combento Cave Pool
10:30 AM ETA Combento Cave Pool (Swimming & Picture Taking)
11:30 AM Depart for Guindulman
11:40 AM ETA Guindulman
12:05 PM Lunch
12:20 PM Depart for Dimiao
01:30 PM ETA Dimiao
01:35 PM Depart for Ingkumhan Falls
02:00 PM ETA Ingkumhan Falls (Swimming & Picture taking)
02:40 PM Depart for Pahangog Twin Falls
03:00 PM ETA Jump off area
03:05 PM Trek to Pahangog Twin Falls
03:30 PM ETA Pahangog Twin Falls (Swimming & Picture taking)
04:30 PM Depart for Dimiao Proper
05:00 PM ETA Dimiao Proper
05:20 PM Depart for Tagbilaran
06:30 PM ETA Tagbilaran
07:30 PM Depart for Napo, Loon
08:20 PM ETA Napo, Loon
08:30 PM Dinner
11:30 PM Lights off (sleep)
DAY 3 (Napo Beach)
07:00 AM Wake up call
07:30 AM Coffe Time
09:00 AM Napo, Beach
09:30 AM Breakfast
10:30 AM Swimming & Picture taking
12:10 PM Sleep before heading back to Tubigon
02:00 PM Late Lunch
03:30 PM Depart for Tubigon
04:30 PM ETA Tubigon
05:30 PM Depart for Cebu
06:50 PM ETA Cebu
08:00 PM Going Home
10:00 PM Lights off (Sleep)
EXPENSES FOR THE WHOLE TRIP (Cebu-Tubigon-Carmen-Alicia-Candijay-Anda-Dimiao-Tagbilaran-Napo-Tubigon-Cebu)
- Cebu Tubigon Fast Cat – Php 300.00Terminal Fee – Php 25.00
- Tubigon to Carmen Motorcycle – Php 150.00
- Carmen to Alicia – Php 40.00
- Tour guide fee Binabaje hills – 300.00
- Fare motorcycle – Php 200.00
- Motorcycle (Can-umantad, Cadapdapan Rice Terraces, Canawa spring) – Php 300.00
- Can-umantad Entrance Fee – Php 20.00
- Canawa spring – Php 20.00
- Lungsod-Daan to Guindulman Jeepney – Php 15.00
- Guindulman to Anda – Php 30.00
- Accommodation (Kims Garden Inn) – Php 499.00
- Cabagnow Cave & Combento Cave Tricycle – Php 120.00
- Cabagnow Cave pool Entrance – Php 50.00
- Combento Cave pool Entrance – Php 20.00
- Anda to Guindulman – Php 25.00
- Guindulman to Dimiao – Php 160.00
- Pahangog Twin Falls & Ingkumhan Falls motorcycle – Php 300.00
- Dimiao to Tagbilaran – Php 80.00
- Tagbilaran to Napo Loon – Php 31.00
- Loon to Tubigon Php 28.00
- Tubigon to Cebu Weesam – Php 250.00
- Terminal fee & ticket – Php 25.00
- Food (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Snacks) – Php 750.00