There are caves that really captivate us because of their uniqueness in form, especially those caves that are very huge and resting stunningly on their throne. They offer alluring prominent features that merely an expert can explain. There’s so much in their innate state that makes us left in awe, from the beautiful structures of stalagmites sprouting freely and stalactites that hangs down willingly. They’re just awesome and would give us deeper reverence for nature.
Spelunking has been one of the interesting things that everyone must try, I’ve seen and have known a bunch of travelers who never get tired of exploring the inner paradise of the caves. Only just recently, when I visited the town of Sipalay, Negros Occidental during our Island hopping, our boatman introduced us to the captivating and cute cave that exists within an island.
Upon making our way to the Pulo Cave, I already noticed the small hole from afar that seems like calling me to come closer and get inside of the cave. The boat had finally docked off on the rocky shore of the cave, we immediately went in and start looking for a nice spot to take photos. There were Koreans tourist during our visit, I can really sense their amazement to the cave, their smiles that tells so much of their happiness as it seen in their facial expressions.
Pulo Cave is a cave within an island, located in Sipalay City, Negros Occidental. Carved-out by the strong waves over the million of years. What makes it fascinating is the unique features that it offers to every adventure seeker. It was formed naturally by the sea, and the small hole that opens from end to end will surely entice you to get a lot of pictures of it.
The spot is a promontory of different mass of rocks forming a cliff and not so high peak that provides a good spot for picture taking. There’s an iconic big rock on the other ends that have caused me to climb and trying to find a good photo of myself.
The spot offers a good spot for swimming, you can eventually bring with you, your outfit of the day and take a lot of photos.
Note: Pulo Cave is part of our Island Hopping during our visit in Sipalay City. You can check it here.
HOW TO GET TO SIPALAY
The cities of Bacolod and Dumaguete are the two entry points to Sipalay City. It is 4 to 5 hour ride by bus and a 3-hour drive by a private car from Bacolod City or from Dumaguete City.
Take a bus from Cebu South Bus Terminal.Ceres Buses leaves on an early basis, consider the earliest trip as much as possible because the travel time from the terminal to Liloan Port is approximately 3hours and 30minutes. The fare is Php 180 pesos for air-conditioned buses. At the Liloan port, you need to pay Php 62 for the Terminal fee and ferry ticket to Sibulan, Negros Oriental. Travel time will only get less than 30 minutes.
From Sibulan port, ride a Public Utility Jeepney (PUV), bound for Dumaguete City, from the City proper, ride a tricycle going to the Ceres Bus Terminal. There’s a direct trip from Dumaguete to Sipalay only serve once a day at (1:00 PM), the fare is (Php 290). If you can’t catch it, you can ride buses bound to Bayawan, the fare is (Php 125), and ride another another bus going to Hinoba-an, the fare is (Php 80), then take another bus to Sipalay, the fare is (Php 36).
There is a daily flight from Manila to Bacolod–Silay International Airport via major airline companies, Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific Air.
From the airport, ride a taxi or van going to Bacolod Bus Terminal, travel time is around 30 minutes. The moment you get there in Bacolod Bus Terminal, look for a Bus bound to Sipalay, travel time is around 4-5 hours. But if you’re traveling with a group of friends, I suggest to better just rent a van, it’ll be more convenient and faster. Travel time will only take you 3-4 hours via private Van or Car.
Please notify your contacts if you have some important transaction outside because the place has a poor signal reception and sometimes no mobile signal at all.
- If you’re projecting to go there with any of the resort that you wish to visit, please have your reservation before hand to avoid unseen circumstances.
- If your entry point is in Dumaguete City, do have your side trip to Bacolod and have a glimpse of Bacolod’s beauty.
- If you’re planning to visit with a group of friends, I suggest you’ll rent a private van to save some of your time.
- Please always bring extra money with you just for in case of emergency because you can’t find any ATM machine when you arrived at the mountainous tropical paradise of Sipalay.
- Always be good for locals and always ask them whenever you wish to experience more about Sipalay.
- There are still places to visit in Sipalay, if you have leisure time, you can opt to stay longer like 2-3 days.
- Crowded month is during January to May.
Please visit Perth Paradise Resort when you’re in Sipalay, make sure to have your reservation before going there.
ESTIMATED TRAVEL EXPENSES FOR THIS TRIP
Note: This is a back and forth computation From Cebu going to Sipalay and Sipalay going back to Cebu.
- From Cebu to Sibulan: Php 250 (aircon Ceres with terminal fee and barge fare)
- From the Port of Sibulan to Dumaguete City: Php 13 via Jeepney
- From Dumaguete to Bayawan: Php 125 (Aircon bus), and Php 100 (Non aircon bus)
- From Bayawan to Hinoba-an: Php 80
- From Hinoba-an to Sipalay: Php 36
- Sipalay Ceres bus stop to Tinagong Dagat: Php 100.00 via tricycle.
Note: You can always choose to either travel to Bacolod or Dumaguete after your Sipalay escapade. Bus going to Bacolod City from Sipalay is Php 200. You can also choose to ride a Van located near the market area of Sipalay, the fare is (Php 300).
B.) TOUR PACKAGE (ISLAND HOPPING)
- A boat good for 6-10 person is Php 1,500.00. ( Boat shared by 4 people) Php 1,500 ÷ 4 = Php 375.00
- TIP for boatman: Php 25.00
TOTAL: Php 400.00
- Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks Php 400.00
OVER ALL TOTAL: PHP2,008.00
NOTE: PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.THIS QUOTATION IS A TRAVEL EXPENSES SHARED BY A GROUP OF 4 PEOPLE.